On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Big hassle: the illustrations in the older manuals are in APF format,
> which isn't documented anywhere.
> send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

You meant AFP (Advanced Function Presentation or Advance Function
Printing).  All of the latest AFP Architecture books can be found at the
AFP Color Consortium website.   Unfortunately (IMHO) only in PDF format.

See  http://www.afpcinc.org/publications.html

See the GOCA and IOCA books.

You can also find documentation on the bookshelves for the IBM Products:
For example:
PSF V4R4.0 for z/OS
Bookshelf<http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/Shelves/apsbk430>
http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/Shelves/apsbk430
This bookshelf has most books in both BookManager and PDF format.

Or
PSF V4R4.0 for z/OS PDF Extended
Shelf<http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/XKS/apsbk430>
http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/XKS/apsbk430
The extended bookshelf has more books, but only in PDF format.

When you say illustrations, I assume you meant GOCA, IOCA, or the older IM
image format, for which see Chapter 6. IM-Image Command Set, in the IPDS
Reference.

Regards,
--Roger