In <4f804f4a.3070...@valley.net>, on 04/07/2012
   at 10:29 AM, Gerhard Postpischil <gerh...@valley.net> said:

>I ran into an analog of this trying to determine whether a  program
>is running under TSO - presence of TSO control blocks  does not
>indicate that the immediate caller was the TMP. IBM,  for whatever
>reason, disallowed multiple TMP invocation in MVS  (or perhaps SVS?),
>so these days one can just rely on the result  from EXTRACT.

If you're running under TSO, won't the length of the PLIST tell you
whether you were invoked directly by a command? Anything other than a
CPPL means a call.

The original TMP ran unauthorized, including the TMP in SVS and OS/VS2
(MVS); if you look at the COOKIE command, you will see that a nested
TMP worked just fine. As I recall, it was the TSO Command Package[1]
that added the parallel TMP structure that required authorization.

[1] Swallowed by TSO/E when it came out.