On 5/25/2012 2:03 AM, mpjac...@comcen.com.au wrote:
Hi all

Can't readily see how to search the group, so apologies if this info is in here
somewhere

I'm just after opinion as to the best way to transfer files across from a normal MF Lpar ,
including some USS directories, to a copy of this Lpar running on RDz/UT under RedHat linux on a
VM server. I'm told that shared DASD is not possible between the MF Lpar&  the RDz
instance,&  we have FTP or NJE (don't know which is quicker). The basic scenario is to do
regular incremental refreshes of the RDz/UT environment from it's "big brother" MF
instance

I'm posting this last thing on a Fri arvo, so may not get back to it before
Monday (it's just gone 4pm here in Sydney)

Thx

Melvyn Jacobs

Melvyn,

I would run DFDSS DUMP, TERSE, FTP binary, DETERSE, then DFDSS RESTORE.

Regards,
Tom Conley