Paul Gilmartin at IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
wrote on 05/30/2012 11:32:21 AM:
> It would be _so_ clever if DFSORT performed this adjustment
> of its default automatically when NOCC was specified.

Oops.  I misspoke.

Actually, I should have been more clear about this.  When you
use NOCC or REMOVECC and let DFSORT/ICETOOL set the attributes
automatically, it does set RECFM=FB.  It will only use
RECFM=FBA if the output data set already exists with
that attribute.  I suspect that was the case here, so
RECFM=FB would be needed explicitly to override the
existing RECFM of FBA.  If the output data set did not
have a RECFM attribute, then RECFM=FB would be set
by default.  Sorry for the confusion.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yae...@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort