On 5/31/2012 4:59 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2012 21:45:54 +0000, Gibney, Dave wrote:

There is a parmlib option to abend NOT CATLG 2. I recommend using it.

Would this cause the ABEND at the beginning or at the end of the job step?
The latter would be suboptimal.

IMO, SMS should be set up for all allocations and the fallback pathway to storage volumes
blocked. Back in the "old days", we did experience the scenario you describe.
After the same dataset name appeared on all available volumes, then the abend would occur.

I am also a strong believer in the philosophy "If it ain't cataloged, it doesn't
exist". I feel free to whack any such I find in the application storage pools. They
have always (so far) been the result of an error.

Sounds good.