We are getting the above message sporadically on our TEST LPAR. I have searched
IBMLINK and had EMC check out the control unit and DASD. Might anyone know why
we are getting this error on the master console:
IEF196I IOS078I 0921,78,XCFAS, I/O TIMEOUT INTERVAL HAS BEEN EXCEEDED IOS078I 0921,78,XCFAS, I/O TIMEOUT INTERVAL HAS BEEN EXCEEDED 598 FOR AN ACTIVE REQUEST. THE ACTIVE REQUEST HAS BEEN TERMINATED. QUEUED REQUESTS MAY HAVE ALSO BEEN TERMINATED. IEF196I FOR AN ACTIVE REQUEST. THE ACTIVE REQUEST HAS BEEN IEF196I TERMINATED.
Bob, check to see if you have other datasets on the same volume as the XCF datasets. If any of them are subject to RESERVE or if there is allocation activity on the volume (that may need RESERVE on SYSVTOC or SYSZVVDS), this could explain the problem. Such datasets should be moved.
--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR