Mautalen Juan Guillermo wrote:

I have been reading SDSF books, and i still have some BIG doubts.

1) This is unrelated to the migration itself, but i wonder where does
SDSF run. I do not see any adress space related to SDSF...does it run in
each user adress space?

The server runs in its own address space.  See 2).

2) To use ISFPARMS with STATEMENTS, you need to start an SDSF SERVER.
Where is the sample JCL to start such adress space?

ISF.SISFJCL(SDSF) has the sample server address space JCL. You're responsible for starting it (e.g. COMMNDxx or automation tool).

3) Where do you indicate that you will begin using SDSF SERVER instead
of the load module?

You don't. When your users enter SDSF, it looks to see if a server is running and if so, uses it to classify the userid. (You might want to keep some manner of the load module around against the chance that the SDSF server isn't running for some reason.)

4) There is an utility that generate ISFPARMS statements, using as input
your current ISFPARMS. It is unclear to me whether the INPUT should be
the source, or the load module.

Source.

5) In any case, i assume that the utility just generates the equivalent
ISFPARMS STATEMENTS, but without making any real change. Is this right?

Yes.