On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:54:22 EDT, Ed Finnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>So long ago(and far away). My advisor was from Michigan and he always
>complained that we didn't have this and didn't have that like they did at
Michigan.
>I don't remember them all LaPlume, TSS,
snip!
> ... decided to write their own? More friends at Illinois
>confirmed, but didn't have the details.

As I understand it, U of M tried TSS, but decided to write the Michigan
Terminal System.  MTS worked quite well. and was used at several other
installations, including Wayne Stste University in Detroit, where I
worked.  I never worked with MTS, but they continued to run it intil
the mid to late 1990s.  It was the first of the mainframe operating
systems that they dumped.  For a time, we ran MVT under MTS on the
duplex 360/67.

Tom Marchant