Michael Knigge([EMAIL PROTECTED])@Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 07:08:36AM -0500:
> Steve,
>
> >What is it you need to do once it ends? Do *you* just need to know that
> >it has run? Do you need to do something once it runs? Do you need to
> >know how it completed?
>
> Well, currenty I "only" need to submit the job and need the information that
> it ended.
>
> But I guess in the near future I need more: is it running, which step and
> how it ended/abended.
>
> I could use the internal reader, but the problem is that I don't get back
> the Jobid of the job and so I can't check (even not by looking into SDSF) if
> the submitted job has started.....

I don't know if this is an installation-specific feature or not...
I'm able to add a parm to the jobcard like this:  NOTIFY=&SYSUID
I will then get console messages telling me when it has completed
and what the CC was.  An actual userid can be used, of course.
Using the symbolic allows the message to go to whomever submitted
the job.

In addition,  using ROUTE XEQ will let me know when the job was
submitted, and when it is complete, using console messages once
again.

Those only provide the very minimal information that you need at
this point.  It's a starting place, though.

Wade Curry