>I don't think it's a question of lack of sense of humour, but rather the
>excessive noise on this list.  Seemingly every thread deteriorates into
discussions of ancient hardware/software or semantics and grammar or politics
or crime.  "Hit em up side the head with a bat" adds little value to the
discussion.

You're right it does.
But, I was trying to point out (in a round about way), that sometimes
termination of an employee is the only choice.

The OP pointed out that it happened more than once.
In some cases, once is barely acceptable.

But! Twice? NO WAY!

When in doubt.
PANIC!!