Jim Horne,  Tom.  Thanks so very much for your help.
I got the results when I added the "PROC PRINT DATA=RMMDTL;" after the
PROC Printo statement. I have to do some tweaking. It's been a while since
I've used SAS. Gotta brush the cobwebs off.

Again, Thanks so very much.
~~Carol

Thomas H Puddicombe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
01/17/2007 04:26 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: How to Write SAS Output to MVS external file?

Hi Carol,

The answer is ... it depends.

If you'd like SAS to produce a report (PROC PRINT) in a flat file, you can

PROC PRINTTO PRINT=MYOUTPUT; followed by a PROC PRINT DATA=RMMDTL;

If you want to produce a flat file with some SAS variables in it, then

 ods listing close;

 ods csvall file=CSV rs=none;

 proc print data=cicstxn;
   var smf__sid smf__jbn trntran trnterm trnuserid trnttype
       trnstart trnstop trntrannum trntranpri trnluname trnpgmname
       trnabcodec trnresp trnfctotct trntdtotct trntstotct trnspsyncct
       trnchmodect trnusrdispt trnusrdisptn trnusrcput trnusrcputn
       trnsusptime trnsusptimen trndispwtt trndispwttn trnqrdispt
       trnqrdisptn trnqrcput trnqrcputn trnmsdispt trnmsdisptn
       trnmscput trnmscputn trnrodispt trnrodisptn trndspdelay
       trntcldelay trnmxtdelay trnrmitime trnrmitimen trnrmisusp
       trnrmisuspn
     ;
   run;

 ods csvall close;

 ods listing;

There's a DD statement in my JCL that looks like:
//CSV      DD DISP=(,CATLG,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(15,15),RLSE),
//            UNIT=SYSDA,
//            DSN=&SYSUID..RPTCICF0.CSV

This produces a comma-separated-variable file suitable for input into
Excel.

There's also a SAS "FILE" statement lets you create a flat file out of
about anything.

Tom