Hello David,

Right answer to the wrong question.

For an ISPF 3.4 dataset list, when I have to process the same command
against a list I prefer to do it in batch.

1.  Use the "P" primary command to print the required dataset list to an
ISPF LIST dataset.
2.  Use the "LIST" primary command to display a choice list, select 3 to
keep the dataset. Remember/cut the list dataset name.
3.  Edit the list dataset so generated, and turn it into a batch TSO job
with the usefule ISPF EDIT functions.
4.  Submit your useful HACK job.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:28:57 -0600, David Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>To execute the same command against all or selected members of a pds, use a
>command like this in the command field:
>s <mask> <command>
>
>To run command xyz against all members starting with abc:
>s abc* xyz
>
>To delete all members of a pds:
>s * d
>
>Dave Long
>
>On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:34:54 -0500, Larry R. Wright
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,

<snip>
>>Is there something even better such as a command to repeat the command for
>>all entries in the 3.4 list?  Enquiring minds would like to know :)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Larry

Regards
Bruce Hewson