At 22:47 -0500 on 01/18/2007, John S. Giltner, Jr. wrote about Re: How to schedule Jes2 Cancel a job command:

ravi wrote:
Hello
I have a strange requirement. In my shop we have cancel a job manually every Friday at 9pm. Is there way to schedule jes2 commands like $C'jobname'
and schedule it only every Friday 9pm.
Or is there any way to write rexx thru batch job and submit jes2commands. Please advice me
 Thanks
 Sankar Ravi

Do you have automation package or a scheduling package?

Do 2 things.

 1) Place a $VS,''S CANF9PM' command into the JES2 start up Parms.

2) Write a CANF9PM program and make a STC Proc to execute it. Have the job issue $TA,F9PM,T=xxxx.yy,'$C''Jobname''' and $TA,I9PM,I=86400,'$VS,''S CANF9PM''' commands. CANF9PM computes the xxxx.yy based on the current time and day. The xxxx.yy is the number of hours and minutes since the prior midnight when Friday at 9PM will be. The $YA,I9PM will issue and/or refresh the $TA,F9PM once a day (and will be reset if JES2 is restarted [I do not think that $TA commands survive a restart]).

The $TA,xxxx,T= command runs once at the T= designated time. The issuance of a $TA,xxxx will reset/overlay a prior copy. Once it runs, the $TA,I9PM will recreate it (a I= is useless on the $TA,F9PM since the I= is only good to hold 24 Hours worth of seconds).