Hi, All,

Yesterday we rolled out z/OS 1.7 to a Production LPAR previously running
z/OS 1.5, and have noticed a change in the archiving of batch job output
in CA-View.  With 1.5, all "jcl-type" output (JESMSGLG, JESJCL, JESYSMSG
together with SYSPRINT, SYSOUT, etc.) was archived in CA-View as a
single entity or "member".  At 1.7, the JESxxxx output is archived as a
single "member", but each SYSOUT, SYSPRINT, etc. is now archived
separately into individual "members".  At best, this is an inconvenience
to those who need to examine job outputs.  I should also note that
"reports" from these batch jobs have been, and continue to be, archived
separately into a separate CA-View database from the "jcl stuff".

We are at a loss to explain why this "segregation" of "jcl stuff" into
separate CA-View members is occurring.  We understand that z/OS 1.7 JES2
introduced significant changes from the 1.5 level, and wonder if there
might be some parameter (JES2 or CA-View or both) that we can/must
specify in order to return the archiving of "jcl stuff" to a single
CA-View "member" per job.  We already have a low-priority call in to
CA-View Support, but today is a US holiday for some.

TIA for any insights,

    -jc-