This is where Charles' idea shows merit.  A unified license key scheme could
avoid some of the pain associated with the subject.

Jon

<snip>
If we only dealt with 1 ISV, then we'd have few, perhaps no, problems
too. But we deal with (at the last count) 57 ISVs, who supply us with
several hundred products. Each ISV has it's idiosyncracies, some don't
use keys at all, some are very easy to contact and deal with, some
others are less so. It all adds up to quite a bit of overhead.
</snip>