David Cole wrote:

> RPOs, POs and invoices are all necessary parts of the A-P process,
> and the better a vendor understands, cooperates with and *assists* in
> the process, the more often:
>    - The licensing will be renewed on time,
>    - Payment will be made on time,
>    - And licensing keys will be updated on time.

My experience some years ago with a vendor well known to this list was that
our A-P department took the view that a "net 30" contract meant they should
pay 30 days after receipt of the invoice, and not a day earlier. The vendor
took the view that they would send out the new licence key upon receipt of
payment. Needless to say, this almost always meant that we had to request
emergency keys to tide us over.

Now as an ISV employee, I see many Fortune 500 companies that have A-P
departments who, as a matter of policy, push the limits much further, and
more often.

I think a decoupling of the keys issue and the payments is called for, and
indeed in the real world this happens much of the time.

Tony H.