Where do you recover? Every place I know of has PC's for access in the hot sites.

Doug

snip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>I don't really like email notification. For some reason, it rarely gets
>to me. And I do most of the key related maintenance. Again, CA does the
>best for this because I can get my current keys off of their web site. I
>know that others have said that they cannot due to CA not having all the
>keys there. I guess I'm lucky. The only problem is at DR. At our site,
>you can have a "mainframe connected" PC or an Internet connected PC. But
>not a single PC which can do both. And the distributed people grab all
>of the Internet connected PCs for there stuff. Why? Because they reload
>the OS from CDs (DVDs), but then go off to the MS site for any updates.
>Sounds weird to me, but what do I know? I'm just a mainframer.
Could you take a laptop with a wireless connection?  Failing that, can
you make the case for having either one PC dedicated to mainframe use
and the Internet or at least one PC with Internet connection dedicated
to mainframe.  At less than a thousand dollars for a laptop or PC,
this seems like a trivial cost for DR.

Doug Fuerst
Consultant
BK Associates