You could write a quickie REXX exec that would issue the MVSVAR function.  It
can return the level of DFP on your system

For Example:

 /*  Rexx    Find DFP Level  */
 x = MVSVAR(SYSDFP)
 y = MVSVAR(SYSMVS)
 z = MVSVAR(SYSOPSYS)
 Say "  The DFP Level is: " x " under" y    " at" z

The DFP Level is:  03.01.07.00  under SP7.0.7  at  z/OS 01.07.00 HBB7720

There are many built-in vars in REXX to allow you to extract this type of
information.

Lizette Koehler