On 11 May 2007 04:08:24 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Try this link to IBM's manuals on the 'net:
>
>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2M671/12.4
>16?SHELF=EZ2ZO10I&DT=20070118143320&CASE=
>
>This will take you to the IDC3009 message.
>
>However, two questions I have is 1) what is the "90", reason code or
>return code? And 2) is it decimal (90) or hex (144)?
If the status code is what the COBOL program is getting, that is a
COBOL and not a VSAM code.  There will be nothing in the JCL listing
since COBOL is trapping and processing the error.  In order to get the
VSAM codes follow the instructions in the COBOL manual which also have
been posted in other messages here.