In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 05/19/2007
   at 03:22 PM, "R.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>As usually in mainframe world, we have a lot of proofs that mainframe
>is  better, we can provide citations from "ESA/390 Holy Principles",
>we can  answer that we have ntp server...
>But the only honest answer to the question is "NO, unfortunately we
>are  not able to synchronize with atomic clock, like other devices in
>our  server room. Mainframe *can't do it*. We can only use wrist
>watch as a  time source and then rely on mainframe internal
>clock."

No, that is not an honest answer. An honest answer would be that you
are currently running without the required hardware and software but
that it has been possible for lo these many releases when correctly
configured.

>P.S. I would like to hear that I'm wrong.

Okay, you're wrong.

>Preferrably without 9037 Timers,

And you knew that you were wrong. No doubt you have an objection to
STP as well, but the fact that you can't or w'ont use it doesn't mean
that it's not available.