"However, the report doesn't take into account the current skills shortage,
especially in Linux and Java development and administration, workloads which
IBM mainframes are increasingly being asked to shoulder."

I guess I had not considered the shortage of Linux and Java "development and
administration skills" on the mainframe to be the major issue here.

I guess I can fathom the issue on the administration side, but the
development side too?  Isn't Linux development, Linux development?  Same for
Java?

On the legacy side of the mainframe equation - I don't see the skills
shortage.  If there was a skills shortage, I would expect to see more
opportunities available.

Todd

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&arti
cleId=9030241&source=NLT_OS&nlid=41