-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 9:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMS Question - Urgent

Dean,

Ravi makes an excellent point. What are the Data and Index CI sizes for this
file? This is only a concern for KSDS files. I don't believe you mentioned VSAM
file type. If it is other than KSDS, what is the Data CI size? You seem to have
an old installation. It is not inconceivable that the size is less than optimum.

snip

a genuine concern - but have you checked to see if the growth was not
due to bad Index CISZ ?  at one site, the Indices are hardcoded to 512
in the IDCAMS statements, which caused the DATA component to grow rapidly.

dataclass will take effect at dataset creation time. EF/EA datasets need
to be in SMS-managed pool - that pool can be shared with other
SMS-managed datasets.

end snip