IIRC, coding VOL(* * *) - one "splat" for every candidate volume - works
for multivolume VSAM datasets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Lizette Koehler
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ING.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: SMS Question - Urgent

             08/17/2007 11:13
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

I have sometimes seen the VOL parm setup in an IDCAMS as  VOL(*).

Lizette

>OK. I'm still having problems. I created a new DC, SC, and SG on my
sandbox. Defined volumes with the SG parm from DSF. Updated the ACS
routines to point to a test file. Translated & validated them. They
activated successfully. I tried to IDCAMS the test VSAM file (KSDS) with no
VOL parameter. IDCAMS didn't like it. I said the VOL parameter was missing.
I added one with the first volume of the pool, then I got a IDC3009I 68 rea
192. I don't understand what's going on here we did the same thing got
another file years ago with no issues (z/OS 2.6). I defined as suggested: