-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Howard Rifkind
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 1:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dataset Recovery issue.

Well, I'm in a pickle.  I have no test lpar with this volume (zosct3 and
the datasets on it)...

<SNIP>

IF you have a copy of the datasets (list somewhere) then you can recover
by building an IEFBR14 job using the list. Or you can do a 3.4 that is
volume specific, and get your list that way.

I would also make each step a JOB. First JOB uses
DISP=(SHR,UNCATLG,UNCATLG),unit=(3390,,defer).

The second JOB uses DISP=(OLD,CATLG,CATLG),VOL=SER=xxxxxx

I would do this with each JOB handling 50-100 data sets at a time so
they would be manageable (and easy to fix the inevitable finger checks).

Regards,
Steve Thompson

Opinions expressed are my own.
This e-mail message is intended only for the
addressee(s) and contains information that may be
confidential and/or privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender by reply e-mail immediately.
Use, disclosure or reproduction of any information
in this e-mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
Sterling Commerce is not liable for any loss or
damage arising in any way from transmission of
the message or use of its attachments.
This email may contain links to third party web
sites.
Sterling Commerce is not responsible for the
content or privacy policies of such other sites and
the existence of a link in this email does not imply
an endorsement of the linked web site or the goods
or services offered therein.