On Aug 17, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/05/2007
   at 08:42 AM, Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

I take it that you have not considered the possibility of a
supernova.

The Sun is a yellow dwarf; going supernova is not an option. However,
much less significant misbehavior could still put paid to us.

Agreed. I saw a science show and was informed that in 4.5 Billion years our galaxy was going to collide with Andromida galaxy (Sp?) .. Talk about long term positioning. I think there was also some indication that was just about the same time the sun would die. So take your pick ...

Ed