>>> On Sun, Sep 9, 2007 at  7:16 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "O'Brien, David
W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ah, Consultant which puts you in amongst those who would benefit if all IT
> work were outsourced.

You seem to be saying that people can't look beyond their own short-term
economic interests when making comments.  How sad for you.

> It may not be my business but it helps to know which side of the economic
> argument you're on.

There you go again.  Why do you think economics has anything to do with
anyone's position, except your own?

> From my perspective we in the developed world are in an economic war with
> India and China as well as Brazil and Russia. Aiding them is not in our
> economic self interest, therefore why should we?

Because it may be the right thing to do, economics or not?  I know, that
doesn't seem to fit into your world view.

> For my part, I believe a boycott is in order.

Of course you do.  If you want to be _sure_ that nothing you say can ever be
used to advantage by anyone outside your personally defined economic self
interest, you might want to never post to the mailing list again.  Otherwise
you might let something slip that some aspiring mainframe technician in Brazil
might be able to put to good use.

Mark Post

And, since it seems that you believe anything anyone says in a mailing list is
somehow representing their employer (or whatever), please insert here the
standard disclaimer otherwise.