On Jan 9, 2008, at 8:13 PM, Rick Fochtman wrote:

Thanks... do you remember which release of MFT this was? Did MFT do the split cylinder data set creation?
I can't give the first release, but it worked OK in release 14.6 of OS/360. That was where I first got into split cylinder allocations.

Rick:

That is one of the reasons I like IBM-MAIN so much, collectively we have the best memory of all, IMO. Thank you.

BTW I was not an ISAM person but I had to support it and just do not remember split cylinder support in MFT. I do remember having to go to my IBM guru to get information about it. Even he was not knowledgeable and had to ask some other IBM (in Germany) the question. He was an excellent SE/sales rep and ended up in the White house years later. He is now retired up in Maine.

Ed