Sounds like the old NVIP site...

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Patrick Falcone
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SEMI off topic

We had fail-over to battery then to diesel. You could hear the turbines on
the Pa. turnpike a couple hundred meters prior to the Philly exit eastbound.
I just googled and it looks like anywhere from 4 - 6 ms.

Ed Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   its been an interesting
discussion. Thanks all for contributing. One
question remains in my mind though what is the allowable time power maybe
interrupted to a CPU ? 1 NS (nanosecond) ? or 0 NS? or ? As I said in my
original piece I am not familiar with UPS's and could some one come up with
a current answer? If the answer is it depends that would be nice to know
that, as well. Thanks.

Ed

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html