On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:17:09 -0800, Frank Yaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark Zelden wrote on 01/17/2008 03:33:11 PM:
>> I used "SORTGENR"  for years (in the "old days") at shops that didn't
>> have ICEGENER or SYNCGENR installed:
>>
>> //STEP1    EXEC PGM=SORT
>> //SORTIN   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=input
>> //SORTOUT  DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=output
>> //SYSOUT   DD  SYSOUT=*
>> //SYSIN    DD  *
>>  SORT FIELDS=COPY
>> /*
>
>I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  SORTGENER is an alias
>for ICEGENER.

Sorry... SORTGENR is the member name in my personal PDS - which was
why I quoted it.    I created it a long time ago... (mid 80's).

>PGM=SORTGENR will do the same thing PGM=ICEGENER does.
>
>The job you show with PGM=SORT uses DFSORT copy directly without going
>through ICEGENER.

I know.  As I wrote... it was what I used for shops that did not have
ICEGENER or SYNCGENR installed.   Installing it wasn't always as
simple as it is today and many shops didn't bother.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]