From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Skip Robinson
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 7:26 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LPAR Rename

I'm anxious for more posts on this topic. We don't yet have a z9, but I
thought that one of the selling points was being able to define 'dummy'
LPARs in advance, then make them 'real' as needed by 'renaming' and
assigning memory, CPs, and I/O connections, all without a POR.

Am I missing something in the z9 or in the original question?

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Vernooy, C.P. -

             SPLXM"

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .COM>                     IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

             Sent by: IBM
cc
             Mainframe

             Discussion List
Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: LPAR Rename

             .EDU>

             01/18/2008 06:19

             AM

             Please respond to

               IBM Mainframe

              Discussion List

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                   .EDU>

"Mark Jacobs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Does anyone know the procedure to rename an LPAR on a z9 without a
POR?

> --
> Mark Jacobs

We happened to try this last week and found out it was not possible.

Kees.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html