This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway, and ask
pre-forgiveness.  :-)

We are running 3 LPARs on a small z9-BC (production, development/test,
and a sandbox).  Each of the LPARs is stand-alone, with no SYSPLEX
sharing of anything, nor do I have anything like GRS implemented.  When
the system was set up years ago, there was no need for any tape on the
test LPARs.  Now, the developers are clamoring for the ability to run
extended batch on the test LPARs and so they want access to tape.  My
question is, what is required (or is it even possible) to use a single
DFSMSrmm tape pool across multiple LPARs?  What I would like would be
for the tape catalog to remain on the production LPAR, and have DFSMSrmm
on the test LPAR make a call across to the production LPAR for
verification of scratch status, and updating of tape information into
the production LPAR RMM catalog.

The implementation guide indicates that I should be able to do this, but
I didn't have much luck finding specifics.  Right now I'm just looking
for a general "can it be done", and "what kind of effort would be
required to 'make it happen'".

TIA.

Rex