Don't expect same day service.  This list is not read every minite of every day
by every participant.   If there is anyone roosting out there doing so - they
must have a lot of time on their hands.   It is not a 'chat room' as in
interactive.  I look at the list once in the moring as I prefer the digest
format.

As mentioned by someone else, you don't run TLS instead of SSL, they work
together as the next level of security.

I did this last year under z/OS 1.7.  The complete description of the tasks and
how-to with examples is in the Redbook "Communications Server for z/OS V1R9
TCP/IP Implementation Volume 2: Standard Applications".  PUB #is SG24-
7533.  This is the latest updates to the process and operating systems.  I
used the same book at the 1.7 release level.

Setting up the zServer side isn't enough.  As others have said, you must have
a client TN3270 application that can use SSL/TLS.  Your certificate exchange
is up to your corporate standards with regard to self-signed, management,
expiration, etc.