From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Magen Margalit
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 4:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: CTC Disconnect Time

Hi list,

I have a situation I don't fully understand...

I have a shared Escon channel used as CTC between 2 Lpars.
The CTC is used for XCF and VTAM communication.
For XCF there are 2 Devices defined on each system (in and out) and for VTAM
there is 1 device defined on each system.

Looking on RMF report I see the following info:
Channel utilization is low - about 10%
Device Disconnect time for the IN device (on both systems) is huge - about
5000ms (the out devices numbers are fine).
The in device utilization is almost at all time near 100%.

I don't think that this is a normal situtation, but except from GRS delay for
XCF (about 5%) It doesn't seemes to have any performance effect or am I wrong?

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks
Magen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html