Thanks Bill.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Klein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 7:41 PM
Subject: Fw: CICS/BMS greenies to GUI's

This note was posted directly to the USENET newsgroup and hasn't had many
replies. I am forwarding it to the list-server, to see if more people have
input on it.  (It is also in the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup).

"Graham Hobbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
Hello,
Big technical challenge for me so here I am again. Is CICS but that
group seems dormant.

I have a small system that generates Cobol/CICS programs but
particularly generates several BMS Assembler macros (old green
screens). After compiles and assembles the CICS transaction works
fine. This is stuff I know well.

Very briefly, the BMS I generate looks like:

. . DFHMSD . . etc
. . DFHMDI . . etc
. . DFHMDF's
etc
    END

But I'd like to also generate a GUI frontend be it/they Java or HTML
or what other possibilities are there.
Might anybody have any pointers as to where I might begin? Articles,
references, code samples (especially), etc?
Thanks.

Graham Hobbs