We saw this problem during our 1.9 ESP when we went to our first production
system. Turning off APPC resolved the slowdown. Seems no one has sorely
missed APPC output, so we've left it off for the time being.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Roger Bolan
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: SDSF slow after migration to
                                       z/OS 1.9

             05/27/2008 05:07
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

I notice the text of the APAR also talks about two work-arounds.
1. use APPC OFF
2. don't use owner=*

Do either of those speed it up for you?

Roger Bolan