Sorry, me again on this. Who is the client and who the server? If the
UNIX system is connecting to the z/OS system, i.e. z/OS is the server
and UNIX the client (as in the Subject:), then my comments about vsftpd
are useless. They are relevant only if vsftpd is the server on the UNIX
system.

Have you considered transferring the files into a z/OS UNIX file instead
of a legacy dataset? If you do, then you can "post process" the files
with a rather simple "tr" command.

tr '\45' '\25' <input.file >input.file.fixed

This translates octal 45 (x'25') to octal 25 (x'15'). Note that you must
use separate input and output files. If you have Dovetailed Technologies
dataset pipes, you could do:

tr '\45' '\25' <input.file | todsn "//'MVS.OUTPUT.FILE'"

Or you could use the "cp" command.

tr '\45' '\25' <input.file | cp /dev/fd/0 "//'MVS.OUTPUT.FILE'"

If MVS.OUTPUT.FILE does not exist, then you'll likely need to use other
parameters to specify things like the space requirements, LRECL, RECFM,
etc.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.