Tom,

In your case, the book says
For all other JCL statements, you can continue the parameter field or the
comments field on the JCL statement. If you continue both the parameter
field and the comments field on the same card image, the system ignores
the indication to continue the comment. How you continue a parameter field
depends on whether or not the parameter is enclosed in apostrophes.

By ending the parameter field of the first card with a comma, you were
continuing the parameter field and not the comments field.

--Roger

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 09/26/2008
03:32:02 PM: