I sincerely wish IBM would fix this on the back end. Looks like every
customer is having to jump through the same pro forma hoops. Licensing for
SMP/E should be automatic for any shop already licensed for z/OS.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Chase, John"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: ShopzSeries SMP/e 3.5 order

             10/24/2008 10:29
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

It's just a "formality".  I had to do it for SMP/E 3.5, and for every
other no-charge product for which we wanted the SMP-installable
packaging (Java, Unix Ported Tools, etc.).  As long as you're licensed
for z/OS, it's NBD.

    -jc-