Hi,

I received this sad story in my Email In-box. and I am putting it on the list because I lost touch with what is happening in Texas..
Is there anybody from IBM that would like to comment on this ?

   The attached news story reports a failure of IBM T4T to backup
   critical network servers, and the subsequent loss of key agency
data, and how it sets back an agency law-enforcement effort. The article mentions how the legislature decided to 'consolidate'
   computer services of the largest agencies by 'outsourcing' them, to
IBM (called "Team for Texas"). IBM is contractually obligated, as the entity primarily responsible,
   for backing up all agency data, and to be able to restore such data
after any hardware failure. I say: "_This is how they save us $20 million a year_?" story at:

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/102308kvue-ag-computer-woes-eh.13e7cdda8.html
FYI, LD "All Truth Passes Through Three Stages: First, it is ridiculed.
   Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
   self-evident."
   Schoepenhauer

   "A time comes when silence is betrayal."
   Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. 04/04/1967 Riverside Church NYC NY

   "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
   revolution inevitable."
   Pres. John F. Kennedy

   Mussolini's definition of fascism: the merger of a militarist state
   with corporate power.

   "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be
ruled by evil men." Plato

   "This contempt for the law in the name of order is a danger for
   democracy itself."
   Patrick Sabatier, Liberation, Saturday 08 May 2004

   "Trickery succeeds sometimes, but it always commits suicide."
   (Kahlil Gibran)

   "War is a racket. Possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable,
   surely the most vicious. ... It is the only one in which profits are
   reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket...(is)
   something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people.
   Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted
   for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the many. Out of
   war a few people make huge fortunes... The flag follows the dollar
   and the soldiers follow the flag."
   Marine Major-General Smedley Butler, 1933

   "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
   signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are
   not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
   President Dwight D. Eisenhower  April 16, 1953

   ''The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget
   that certain other sets of people are human."
   - Aldous Huxley