On 23 Nov 2008 14:35:51 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:00:38 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>The symbol of the OS/360 project. Google for "without a paddle" and you
>>will see the (vulgar) derivation.
>>

>Thank you
>I knew the expression but did not know it was the symbol of the OS/360 project

It became so after IBM stopped support for OS360.  Thus the OS360
community became their own support group.  Paddle your own canoe or
you were up the creek without a paddle.  We also had one hour courses
on various topics by people from the Marine Corps training center at
Quantico.  They knew how to teach.

I still see some people posting who were on that project.  The
Michmods tape of the project preceded the CBT tape.

>Bruno Sugliani
>zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr

Clark Morris