Ed,

Since you say you have TCPIP already, you might try something like this
for a light weight solution:
LPRSET techp...@9.17.108.37
lpr 'SERVE2.BOLAN.P71900.H2.TEMP2.PDF' ( binary

Where LPRSET defines the printer IP address to TCPIP for you and the lpr
command passes the data to the printer.  The above works for me with a
printer that can process PDF directly.    Check the help for the TCPIP LPR
command for options.  It does have an option for handling carriage
control.

As your needs grow, then move to Infoprint Server or PSF.

--Roger

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 12/30/2008
01:14:16 PM: