Correct, it's crazy.

The only thing you have is the CPU (and channel I believe) busy monitor
of the HMC. It's for free which immediatley indicates its value.

It is like driving a car with the windows painted black, but with a
working speedometer. You won't see where and when you will crash, but
you have an indication of how tough the crash will be.

As for the MXI hint, I want to bet that it relies at least partly on RMF
measurements.

Like it is mentioned that SDSF might not work, there could be others
relying on RMF. I know DB2 and DFSORT interact with RSM to determine how
much storage the can use safely and this will probably not depend on
RMF, but similar functions might.

Kees.

"Shane" <ibm-m...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Erk - that is just crazy talk.
> I can't imagine doing performance tuning and monitoring without the
type
> 70's. Especially after having had a paddle around the Linux world -
you
> feel like one arm has been cut off.
>
> On various occasions I have thought about using the RMF CIM data via
> some (say) python code on a (Linux) client to produce some nice (z/OS)
> graphs - but I'm sure that would still require a RMF license.
>
> Crazy, crazy talk ...
>
> Shane ...
>
> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 14:23 +0530, Jacky Bright wrote:
>
> > Due to licensing cost cutting my client is considering removing CMF.
Also he
> > is not ready to go for RMF software.
> >
> > Would like to know is there any third party tool which generates
Type 70-79
> > records as being generated by these tools.
> >
> > We are running SYSPLEX. Without these tools is there any other way
by which
> > we can get LPAR / Partition / Coupling Facility LPAR wise CPU MSU /
MIPS
> > report for every 15 min. interval ?

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries
and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286