Art,

Thank you for the pointer to that link. It is in my favorites now.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Arthur Gutowski
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 10:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CF Level Considerations at DR

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:20:35 -0400, Richards, Robert B.
<robert.richa...@opm.gov> wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience or considerations with having a higher
>CF Level at your primary site than at the disaster recovery site? Are
>there any issues I should be aware of?

As others have given specific examples, in general you want to have all
of
your structures sized for the highest CF level active at your sites.
Make sure
you have enough processor storage in each CF LPAR.

Don't exploit new function if your production CF is at a higher level
than DR.
For (a likely outdated) example, if your production CF supports CF
duplexing,
but your DR CF does not, don't enable duplexing.

Here's a link to EC requirements and functional content of CF Levels:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/advantages/pso/cftable.html

There is a link from this page to the CFSizer, as well.