I'm just now looking at this. I'm a bit confused about how weights interact
with Group Capacities. Group Capacity is measured in MSUs. Weights are
"pure" numbers. An LPAR can exceed its Group Capacity if it has been running
"light" for a while.

My example: Three LPARs: PROD, DEV, and SANDBOX. I basically want PROD to be
most importand, DEV below that and SANDBOX getting mainly left overs. I am
running on a 66 MSU system (z9BC T02). But I want PROD+DEV to only use 59
MSU in their 4 hour rolling average. Therefore, I create a CAPACITY GROUP
with a group capacity of 59. I assign PROD and DEV to this CAPACITY GROUP.
SANDBOX is not a member of any capacity group. I assign a weights of 78, 18,
4 to PROD, DEV, and SANDBOX respectively. When PROD and DEV are both going
"full blast" for an extended time, then PROD will get 78/(78+18)*59 or
81.25% of 59 or about 48 MSUs. DEV will get 18/(78+18)*59 or 18.79% of 59 or
about 11 MSUs. SANDBOX will get all of the rest, or about 7 MSUs. Am I
correct in this? If not, where have I gone wrong?

Thanks much.

--
John