I'm trying to invoke IMS functions using AERTDLI.

I did this about 10 years ago or so in another lifetime.
I was not involved then in setting up IMS or in populating the different
flavors of IMS databases.
I successfully executed, CIMS INIT, CIMS TERM, CIMS TALL, APSB, DPSB, GN and GU.

I am trying to do the same thing but I'm getting nowhere.
One of my co-workers was able to read a simple database by invoking DLIBATCH.
This calls DFSRRC00 and I assume that IMS gets populated in the address space.
DLIBATCH expects a program as an input parameter. That program is the one my
co-worker wrote.

I wrote another program with AERTDLI calls. It is called as the JOB STEP
program.
My STEPLIB includes the IMS RESLIB and my load library.
DFSRESLB also points to the IMS RESLIB.

I am able to LOAD AERTDLI.
I call it with CIMS INIT supplying an AIB that is correctly filled in.
I don't abend and AIBRETRN is binary zeros.
But the AIB doesn't contain anything.

I forced an abend after the CIMS INIT call.
IPCS shows just 5 TCBs with the 5th one abending S0C3.
I would have thought that there would be more TCBs. But maybe not.

The only IMS address space is IMS15RL1.
Its JOB STEP program is DXRRLM00.
I suspect that there isn't enough IMS in the LPAR to allow AERTDLI to work
properly.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Pierre.