at 2.5 I think IBM ISPF changed the member delete to delete the member and
all generations so a PDSE wouldn't have been helpful at that point.

glad you had a backup available.

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 3:03 PM Thomas Berg <
00000619bfe39560-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> I did the delete in ISPF 3.1. By some reason the space was released so only
> 1 track was left. I tried with PDS86 but it didn't find any member.
> We found a decently fresh backup so I only lost 2 days of work. That was
> acceptable.
>
> Thomas Berg
>
> Den tors 9 maj 2024 17:22Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> skrev:
>
> > Alas, if he did a fast bulk erase then they're toast. That's also true
> for
> > PDS.
> >
> > --
> > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> > http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3
> > עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי
> > נֵ֣צַח יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל לֹ֥א יְשַׁקֵּ֖ר

Lionel B. Dyck <><
Website: http://www.lbdsoftware.com

"Worry more about your character than your reputation.  Character is what
you are, reputation merely what others think you are." - John Wooden