Jason,Please excuse the terrible formatting from my phone.Does the DBD describe
every byte of every segment?If so, you won't need the copybooks.Also you will
need to reformat the IMS unload file before reloading into DB2, at the very
least because of keys cascading from parent segment(s).You do need an IMS
expert to do this cleanly.Cheers,Andrew
-------- Original message --------From: Jason Cai <ibmm...@foxmail.com> Date:
17/05/2024  09:21  (GMT+00:00) To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU, Andrew Wilkinson
<andrew_john_reid_wilkin...@talktalk.net> Cc: Jason Cai <ibmm...@foxmail.com>
Subject: Re: Assistance with Converting IMS DB to MySQL DB Dear Andrew,Thank
you for your suggestion. I have some thoughts on the IMS segment layout and
defining SQL columns, and I’d like to confirm with you:If I have the DBD
(Database Description), is it sufficient to correctly define the SQL columns?
Or do I need the application copybook in addition to the DBD?If the SQL columns
are defined correctly, is it possible to do the following:a. Unload Data from
IMS using PGM=DFSURGU0b. Define DB2 Tablesc. Load Data into DB2 using
PGM=DSNUTILBThe above are some of my ideas, and I’m not sure if they are
correct. I hope to get your guidance. Thank you very much for your help!Best
regards,Jason Cai