Which platform? ALL. That means Windows, Linux and Mac.
We can omit OS/2 or VMS or DG-UX or QNX or etc.

Which codepages? All. Let's say all supported by z/OS when using FTP or iconv.

FTP GUI clients? Yet another XMIT viewer? Both do not satisfy all the needs. Last but not least - nowadays it is harder and harder to manage permissions for installation of some homegrown piece of software. It is quite feasible to convince security guys to get permission for installation of IBM product, downloadable from IBM site, but try the same with XMIT manager downloadable from... "the page does no longer exists, but you know, there is some freeware page, called cbttape...". Yes, it is much harder. BTDT.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland