I'm working on setting up my z/VM 5.4 system (currently running 5.3 in
production).

When it was set up, we set up a CLASS OVERRIDE file with the following
lines:

SIGNAL       NEWCLASS=O      IBMCLASS=A
XAUTOLOG     NEWCLASS=O      IBMCLASS=A

On the z/VM 5.3 system, this works.    But when I read the docs, it says
this will take the commands away from class A users.  But yet, if I'm
logged on as MAINT (has class A) or OPERATOR, the commands work.   Am I
misunderstanding something here?

On my 5.4 system I want to use the Modify command.

My commands are:

MODIFY Cmd SIGNAL                           IBMclass A PRIVclass O
MODIFY Cmd XAUTOLOG                         IBMclass A PRIVclass O

if I want SIGNAL and XAUTOLOG to be run by class A users will they
execute?   or do I need to change the commands to be:

MODIFY Cmd SIGNAL                           IBMclass A PRIVclass AO
MODIFY Cmd XAUTOLOG                         IBMclass A PRIVclass AO

???

Thanks

Karl Kingston
County of Onondaga