--- Start of Idrisi List message
Hello

At present I am doing a project, using satellite images to determine the
urbanization in the small islands of Malta.

Unfortunately I met several problems namely;

1) the false positives, i.e. non-urban areas marked as urban
2) border and edge effects which tend to create false positives as well
3) isolated pixels marking positive
4) cannot obtain a proper classification as the selection depends on pixels
and the maltese area is not very large (resolution is only 30m by 30m)

I am using Idrisi32 to determine any change in the urban areas over a number
of years using Landsat5 images.

I would be very grateful of any help, work or reference you can pass me on.

Thanks in advance

Neville Micallef
University of Malta

P.S. I can send some images if necessary.